Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Coping With 9/11 Truth

This post is dedicated to my father.  He and and I have been through many arguments over our competing versions of 9/11, mine 9/11 truth, his the official narrative.  I can't describe all the effects this has on our relationship, but suffice it to say that I am misunderstood and, as a result, underestimated by him.  I've gathered this much:  he thinks he has a son who believes in crazy conspiracy theories, I'm just a malcontent, and I can be dismissed as crazy (thanks, MSM :-)  Well, I won't let false illusions hold me prisoner any longer.  I have felt the pain of loneliness, being ostracized, ignored, disrespected, and have fought internally with how to deal with this subject, 9/11 truth.  It became apparent to me in 2009 that I needed to address the subject with writing and connecting with others, a main reason for this blog.  But the inertia I experience with the subject, the neurosis from not effecting real changes still overwhelms me and dashes my confidence.  Believe me when I say I have no qualms representing 9/11 truth, but I need to learn the tools to be able to deal with such activism:  I need empathy, patience, and perseverance.  If I am dealing with the subject of 9/11 truth, I have to better reign in my emotions and let pride, anger, and intolerance dissipate in favor of empathy, listening, and openness.  I need to foster these attributes.  I understand how seminal one's understanding of 9/11 is, how it affects worldviews and actions, both consciously and subconsciously.  By adopting the Christian ethos, "Forgive them, for they know not what they do," I hope to resolve my internal struggle over this issue, for I cannot blame people such as my father for not understanding 9/11.

Here are two resources for understanding the psychological effects of 9/11.  The first comes from the newly released Architects & Engineers for 9/11 Truth video, "Explosive Evidence: Experts Speak Out," the second is a presentation given at the Toronto Hearings by Laurie Manwell on State Crimes Against Democracy (SCAD's) and psychological resistance to alternative accounts of 9/11:


No comments:

Post a Comment